Basic Financial Literacy Program
This one-hour session on Financial Literacy outlines the basic concepts Canadians of all ages and incomes need to understand to be financially literate. At the heart of it, financial success comes not from your education in mathematics, but from your understanding of both financial concepts and psychological triggers.
Understand “the tilt” and what a psychologist-turned-professional-poker- player can teach you about getting smart with your money. You’ll also learn some of the secrets used by wealthy Canadians, such as:
- How to create financial strategies NOW so that you know exactly where you’ll be in the next 10 years
- How to get out of debt and improve your credit score
- How managing your cash flow can get you from where you are today to a secure retirement.
- How to protect your most important asset.
- How to be a better decision maker by understanding your emotional triggers
New Approach to Budgeting
This one-hour webinar will teach you why a fresh approach to budgeting is an essential step to realizing your financial goals and dreams. Budgeting is a good tool for a finite project such as a renovation or an upcoming event like a holiday or birthday party. Budgeting does not work at all for everyday spending in today’s world when plastic has almost completely replaced cold hard cash.
The alternative to budgeting is a Cash Flow Plan: learn how to lower your risk of overspending by reallocating your expenses into two categories to grow your savings and slash debt. You will see how to free your brain from the overwhelming task of keeping track of day to day purchases without managing spreadsheets.
THIS MATERIAL IS RELEVANT FOR YOU IF:
- You have created budgets but failed to follow them long term.
- You have credit card or other debt that you struggle to pay off.
- You want real-life examples of how Cash Flow Plans work.
- You have short and long term financial goals.
- You are serious about gaining money management knowledge.
Class size limited to 20 participants
PLEASE NOTE: To ensure the privacy of our members is protected we DO NOT record our programs! There will be NO post program recording sent.
Date of next sessions to be announced
Ask an Expert
Everything you ever wanted to know about money and finances
There’s no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to managing your personal and/or family finances. Bring your questions to this Q&A session and get answers. Does managing your money keep you awake at night? Do you know the difference between:
- good and bad debt,
- TFSA’s and RRSP’s,
- GIC’s and investments,
- Mutual funds and ETF’s?
Whether it’s understanding inflation, investments, saving for your children’s education, or any other financial question, this session is your chance to get answers from a retired financial advisor.
Date for next session to be announced.
Marylou Heenan is a financial coach who provides financial resource education and information to women starting with financial education through webinars. Her “ Why” Raising financial literacy levels helps women make positive investment decisions to protect their financial future with confidence. Well informed women are happier and more empowered to advance their careers.